Investment Growth Funds PDS Update
First published on September 4, 2017
On 4 September 2017, Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees (TPT) released an updated Investment Growth Funds PDS relating to:
- Tasmanian Perpetual Australian Share Fund ARSN 093 457 955
- Tasmanian Perpetual International Share Fund ARSN 120 944 470
- Tasmanian Perpetual Diversified Property Fund ARSN 120 944 318
- Tasmanian Perpetual Balanced Fund ARSN 093 458 461.
Why the PDS has been updated
A comprehensive review of the Funds has been conducted to ensure they continue providing a suitable mix of best of breed investment managers that:
- deliver regular and competitive income distributions; and
- remain well positioned to deliver optimal outcomes for investors.
Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees is committed to providing investors with up-to-date information, and adhering to new disclosure obligations and legal requirements. Accordingly, the PDS update reflects:
- investment strategy and product development changes; and
- other amendments in response to new disclosure obligations.
Summary of changes*
The changes seek to provide investors with more consistent income returns whilst continuing to deliver competitive total returns. In addition, changes have been made to ensure the document adheres to up to date standards. Major changes include:
- Withdrawal of the Equity Fund for new investors (this will remain a supported product for existing clients in this Fund).
- Restructure of the Balanced Fund as a multi-manager fund;
- Reduction of currency hedged exposures to global assets within both the International Share Fund and the Diversified Property Fund to improve income generation and the consistency of income distributions;
- Changes to a number of external managers within the Australian Share Fund, International Share Fund and Diversified Property Fund to enhance income generation and/or total returns;
- Changes to underlying Benchmarks;
- Changes to the disclosure of Fees and Costs;
*This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Existing and prospective investors should consider the new PDS before making any investment decisions.
The following resources provide more information in relation to the changes to each of the individual Funds:
Learn more about new external managers by referring to the new PDS which is now available at tasmanianperpetual.com.au alternatively you can request a copy from your nearest branch.
If you have any questions please contact Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees on 1300 138 044, email email@example.com or visit your nearest branch.